Monday, April 12, 2010

Week of Filming!

This is our week to have the camera and get our footage for our movie! Last week coincidentally both Donna or Eric were not there to greet us for class! It was a sad day! But all in all, I think our group actually got an efficient amount of work done. Although sometimes I feel like I'm way too organized for the class, but then I always remember how I'm the director after all, so someone has to keep the group on task!

I'm not sure what the list is called, but we had previously gone through each scene and figured out what materials, people, and location for shooting will be needed. So last week, it was simply trying to figure out how we should split up on when we are going to film what, also concerning with everyone's schedule. Luckily everything seems to be working out. Also, our timing is so critical because the amount of sunlight in the background is suppose to be gradually getting darker as the movie goes, so we can't shoot the last scene at 5 and then shoot the first scene at 7:30!

Tomorrow shall be the first day for filming, and I'm kind of glad that this day is finally coming, I finally get to experience what it feels to actually create a scene for a movie. I can't wait to have subtle details in our movie that won't be noticeable to others unless if you were there for the shooting. Can't wait to know that even though there is a whole different atmosphere in front of the camera (like serious), behind the camera people might be laughing their faces off on how we are trying to be serious in that situation. I think overall its going to be fun, and hopefully we will get a lot done, that way we will not have to depend/wait for pick-up shots time!

Another thing I'm sure we will have fun with is that we are literally taking this film as experimental. We have some thought out shots, but the rest of the shots for any part of the movie are going to be thought of on the spot! This just is awesome, cause even with less resources I think we will be able to show an effective experimental kind of movie. I'm kind of excited that there is no limit to what we do in this movie, and no boundaries! I think this is by far an advantage in many ways, and especially how our story and various scenes in the script seem to be crazy thoughts! It shall be fun to see the outcome of this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment