Monday, March 8, 2010

Making Progress!

Last week our scripts were due, and so our team finalized on a story and put a pretty good, but short, script together. It was a good thing that we had a working script to work on, so that when we got time in class to work on the scripts, more and more ideas and changes were brought to the script. That was a learning experience for me, because it showed me how when it comes to things with creativity, you will continue to think of different ideas and that to not make your first draft be close to your heart for the next day it will be even better than the day before.

I'm really happy that every member of my group is always bringing new ideas, that we actually have to stop and think which idea to include. Plus I think its easier to think of wild ideas and present them, when of course the genre of the film is going to be EXPERIMENTAL! The first time we got together, we were more concentrated on how to make the story be different but yet relative for the audience. The next time the group met, I think since our story was really established, we decided to think of adding other scenes to make the story flow in a better way, and also to relay the message without using a lot of explanation.

The story is set. I'm sure we will get even more different ideas for the different scenes, and sequence of the scenes. But I'm worried about the shots. We have an idea on how to do some shots. And since we have no rules or boundaries for our movie, I think it will be cool if we think at the set itself on which angle/shot any scene should be recorded in, but also it is quite risky. But I guess that will be the beauty in it, taking risks.

Last class, we also had a workshop for sound editing. Although I'm not the sound editor for our film, but I still thought it was really interesting. He also showed us the mike that we will use to record the sounds. I think it will be fun to find sounds that actually don't even go with the scene, and see how that will affect the movie.

Overall, I'm really excited about making this movie. Thinking about our present script makes me feel really proud of our team and I hope the final product reflects our hard work.

1 comment:

  1. Your appreciation for BLOW OUT should give you some ideas along the experimental line!

    ReplyDelete